Property owners in Florida generally love the idyllic climate of the Sunshine State, but with it comes the potential for wild weather and destructive tropical storms. Storm damage can come in many forms, with the following being the most common:
- Torrential rain
- Hail storms
- High winds
The type of property damage that a tropical storm can wreak runs the gamut: Flooding, structural damage, electrical and plumbing damage, and water damage to name a few.
The First Steps To Take
- First and foremost, safety is paramount. Make sure that everyone is out of harm’s way, and has relocated to a safe location.
- Next, if possible, use a video recording device to capture as much damage footage possible, if it can be done safely.
- After you salvage whatever you can, immediately get in touch with a public adjuster Florida like FLAPA for a free inspection and help in getting your insurance claim under way.
Stack offers a clean and contemporary look to suit a range of purposes from corporate, tech startup, marketing site to digital storefront. Elements have been designed to showcase content in a diverse yet consistent manner.
Why Is a Florida Public Adjuster Necessary?
- Your storm damage claim could be potentially many thousands of dollars. Most claims of that magnitude are very complex, and riddled with intricacies and terminology that can be downright confusing to a layperson. Additionally, the insurance company’s adjuster is always looking to save money on claim payouts, so there’s no guarantee that you’ll receive a fair and just settlement if you go it alone.
This is where a public adjuster is so valuable. They’re just as knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced as the insurance company adjusters, except they are on your side. They know the ins and outs of storm claims, and can make sure you get a much larger settlement than you would on your own.
Why You Should Choose FLAPA
- Bottom line, the insurance company is out to protect themselves, and not you. When dealing with an extraordinary event like storm damage, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by everything on your plate as you try to put the pieces back together. The last thing you need to worry about is getting shorted on the claim money you desperately need.
A NAPIA-certified Florida public adjuster like FLAPA represents you and you only, and will take on the insurance company to ensure your storm damage claim is handled fairly, so you get a maximum payout. We’ve handled hundreds of storm damage claims like yours, and know the process backwards and forwards. Contact FLAPA today, and get a storm damage insurance claim expert on your side.
We can help! (305) 542-5999
Looking to re-open claims or file supplemental claims for business interruption or other damages?