Being a property owner in Florida means you have to be prepared to deal with the possibility of sinkholes. There is more sinkhole activity present in Florida than every other state in the U.S., and they can seriously damage or destroy your property. Thus, it’s critical that you include sinkhole insurance in your property’s insurance policy.
What is a sinkhole?
A sinkhole essentially is a cavity or depression in the ground caused by a collapse of one or more layers of strata, often the result of ground water dissolving the underlying limestone bedrock. Sinkhole-related damage includes:
- Structural damage
- Damage to the foundation
- The residence being deemed uninhabitable and condemned
- Damage to plumbing, electrical wiring, and gas lines
Steps to take
A sinkhole is a serious event. If a sinkhole forms on the property you reside on, you should immediately take the following steps:
- Evacuate the area or home immediately, especially if a cavity opens
- Rope off the area or use fencing or tape to warn passersby of the potential hazard
- Contact a public adjuster like FLAPA before your insurance company, who’ll have their adjuster come out and appraise the damage
- Contact local city and county officials to inform them of the situation
- As mentioned, enlist the services of a public adjusting service to represent your interests with the insurance company
Sinkhole events are common in Florida and can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage to your residential or commercial property. Furthermore, the insurance company and their adjusters are always looking out for their own interests, and aim to pay out as little as possible in damages. Any settlement savings earn them extra gross income after all.
When you hire FLAPA to handle your sinkhole insurance claim, you’re getting a NAPIA-certified professional who has seen hundreds of cases like yours and knows exactly how to get you maximum compensation from the insurance company.
Don’t try to take on the insurance company experts yourself while you’re dealing with the stress of leaving your home or business due to a sinkhole. Rather, leave it to a professional like a public adjuster Florida to ensure you get every dollar available in your policy that you desperately need to repair your property.
To guarantee a hassle-free claims process and assure maximum compensation, call FLAPA at (305) 542-5999 to talk with our NAPIA-certified Florida public insurance adjuster.
You can also fill out the contact form below to reach out to our adjusters, and someone will contact you within minutes to discuss the details of your sinkhole claim.
We can help! (305) 542-5999
Looking to re-open claims or file supplemental claims for business interruption or other damages?